Emeritus Professor Harsha Sirisena
- Emeritus Professor
BSc(Eng)(Ceyl), PhD(Camb.), MIEE, MIEEE
Ph: +64 3 364 2987 ext 8980
Fax: +64 3 364 2761
Electrical and Computer Engineering Building
University of Canterbury
Private Bag 4800
Christchurch 8140, New Zealand
Harsha Sirisena holds a BSc (Eng) degree with First Class Honours in Electrical Engineering from the University of Ceylon and a PhD degree in Control Engineering from the University of Cambridge.
He joined the University of Canterbury after working in Sri Lanka as an Engineer in the Government Electricity Department and then as a Lecturer in Electrical Engineering at the University of Ceylon. He is currently an Emeritus Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and is a member of the Network research group.
During periods of study leave, he has held visiting academic positions at the Universities of Calgary, Lund and Minnesota, the Australian National University, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University and the National University of Singapore.
- Performance and quality of service issues in TCP/IP networks
- Mobility management and multimedia transport in wireless IP networks
- Application-level control and synchronisation of multimedia connections
- Middleware-based Active Networks
- Industrial applications of Soft Computing
- Human motor control system modelling.