Assoc Prof Maan Alkaisi
- Associate Professor
- 1st Professional Year Coordinator
BSc(Eng)(Bagh.), MSc(Salf.), PhD(Sheff.), MISES, MIEEE
Phone: +64 3 364 2987 ext 7272
Fax: +64 3 364 2761
Electrical and Computer Engineering
University of Canterbury
Private Bag 4800
Christchurch 8140 New Zealand
1974 BSc, Baghdad, Iraq, Electronic Engineering.
1976, MSc, Salford, UK, Ion implantation of semiconductors.
1981, PhD, Sheffield, UK, Preparation, electrical and photovoltaic properties of RF sputtered a-SiH.
1981-1991, Lecturer, Associate Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Technology, Baghdad Iraq.
1991-1993, Maitre de conference, Universite des Sciences et de la Technologie, Oran, Algeria.
1993-1995, Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Applied Science University, Amman, Jordan.
Feb 1996 to May 1997, Lecturer, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Canterbury.
June 1997 to Oct 1999, Research fellow, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Canterbury.
Nov 1999 to 2001, Lecturer, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Canterbury.
2001 to 2007, Senior Lecturer, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Canterbury.
2008 to Present, Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Canterbury.
Undergraduate Courses 2013
- ENEL270 - Principles of Electronics and Devices
- ENEL391 - Electronic Devices 1
- ENEL491 - Nano Engineered Electronic Devices
Current Postgraduate Students
- Siti Noorjannah Ibrahim, PhD (Submitted)
- Lynn Murray, PhD
- Senthuran Sivasubramaniam, PhD
Recently Completed Thesis Students
- Prateek Mehrotra, PhD research title: High aspect ratio lithographic imaging at ultra-high numerical apertures: Evanescent interferometric lithography with resonant reflector layers.
- Fahmi Samsuri, PhD research title: Single cell analysis using atomic force microscopy.
- Linda Yen-Chien Chen, ME research title: Fabrication of dye sensitized solar cells on pre-textured substrates.
- Khairudin Mohamed, PhD research title: Three-dimensional patterning using the ultraviolet curable nanoimprint lithography, 2009
- Han-Hao Cheng, PhD research title: Metallic nanotransistors, 2009
- Leo Schuler, PhD research title: Properties and characterisation of sputtered ZnO, 2008
- Martin Allen, PhD research title: Schottky contacts to bulk ZnO single crystals, 2008
- James Muys, PhD research title: Cellular analysis by atomic force microscopy, 2007
- Mark Konijn, ME research title: Multilevel nanoengineering for imprint lithography, 2005
- Khairudin Mohamed, ME research title: Resist deformation in nanoimprint lithography, 2005
- Kumaravelu Ganesan, PhD research title: Advanced surface texturing for solar cells, 2005
- Canangama Jayatissa, ME research title: Multilevel nanoimprint lithography, 2004
- Leo Schuler, ME research title: Wireless identification and sensing using surface acoustic wave devices, 2004
- Nanolithography, Nanofabrication
- Micro and Nano-scale Devices
- Surface Texturing for Solar Cells